Terms and Conditions for a Club-Sites website
- This contract is between Squarezone Ltd (Us, We) and the client (You) and encompasses:
(a) the design
(b) the hosting
(c) the on-going support
- All invoices are based on our published rates or on quotations that have been provided in writing (an email or a letter) in advance by Us.
- Any design work is invoiced 50% in advance, payment of this deposit is deemed acceptance of the contract. The balance is due upon publishing of the completed design whereupon the website will be made live.
- All rates are subject to VAT
- Invoices for ongoing hosting or support are due within 30 days and are invoiced the month prior to the anniversary of your domain name renewal date. We retain the right to take down a website and cease email services if payment is not made within these terms.
- If the website design is cancelled by You before completion then the deposit is forfeited.
- If your website includes any form of e-commerce system, You are responsible for the choice of the payment system.
- We will register a domain name on your behalf, in your name and we act as your agents with the registering authority. You retain full rights to the use of the name according to the relevant registering authority's terms.
- We may build your website on a temporary site for your approval before moving it to your domain name.
- All content will be treated as commercial in confidence.
- We will discuss a potential publication date and endeavour to meet it, however time is not of the essence in this contract.
- We build websites to W3C standards, an established search engine friendly system; we will help You introduce your website to search engines but we cannot guarantee the ranking of your website on any search engines.
- We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that your website is viewable on the major platforms: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Opera and Google Chrome as well as mobile telephones and tablet computers.
- The bandwidth and storage limits set in your contract are deemed to be for reasonable use for your website, if You exceed them we reserve the right to pass on the excess costs we receive from our IP provider.
- We will not host pornographic, copyrighted works or other illegal material, if your website is found to contain such material the contract between Us will be immediately terminated and your website removed from our servers.
- We are not responsible for the content of your website.
- Limitation of liability: Squarezone Ltd and its suppliers shall not be directly or indirectly liable for any damages suffered by You; including, but not exclusively, revenue, goodwill, or data resulting from the use or lack of use of the service, unauthorised access or corruption of transmissions or data; or other failure of any aspect of the website and or any aspect of the email system.
- You own the copyright to your pages and it is your responsibility to check the content for typographical or other errors.
- Once the design and set-up invoice has been settled, ownership of the pages passes to You, but the overall look, HTML, software programs, database design and CSS style sheets belong to Us.
- We will host your website but cannot be responsible in the instances of Acts of God, telecommunications breakdowns, government intervention, acts of terrorism or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Once your website design has been signed off we will undertake further changes for an agreed fee. Any defects or bugs will be fixed as quickly as possible without charge.
- In the event of a complaint, this must be in writing to Managing Director, Squarezone Ltd, Pembroke House, 8 St Christophers Place, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0NH. Complaints will be investigated and a response made within 14 days.
- Should You decide to transfer your website from our servers, provided all outstanding invoices are settled, we will co-operate professionally and in a timely manner with your new supplier. Existing pages may be copied as flat HTML and CSS but any dynamic elements will be lost. There is no refund nor partial refund.
- Unless instructed by You in writing we will include a byline on your website: Powered by Squarezone Club-Sites.
- This contract shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
(Last updated July 2018)